Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 31

personally, i don't think we ever tell friends how much they mean to us. how much we love them, how much we appreciate them. we don't tell them why we love them, why we appreciate them and why we are their friend. last year i asked a group of my friends why they are my friend. what is it about me that makes them want to spend their precious time with me, what is it that they get from me, what is it that i give them. the responses i got were awesome. i love my friends.
this morning i awoke to an extremely fabulous email from a friend. it was completely unsolicited. this friend decided that they don't tell me often enough how much they love me. how much they appreciate my support. how much they appreciate my friendship.
to receive this was so amazing, and made me proud of who i am. more importantly it made me proud to have such an amazing friend. even, more, importantly, it made me realise how important it is to tell your friends how much you do love them and how much they mean to you.
i love you guys xx
for me, i think it's really important to tell my friends how much they mean to me, and are important to me, particularly as so many are living in different cities to me right now.
this friend falls into this group. just the other day they were telling me how much they missed my hugs.....i was going to photograph a hug, but all it would have been, was a blur (or my breasts, which i'm sure some of you would have appreciated, but really, you wouldn't have been able to tell!!!)
so firstly love, this is for you. i miss you too....lots. and of course, and not in the least, this is for all of you, my wonderful friends. i love you. i miss you (even if i only saw you a few hours ago) xxxx

0 comments:

About This Blog

365 days has been around for ever (it's probably older than me even). i have resisted the temptation to do one, until now.
i am the photographic artist in residence at christchurch polytechnic, new zealand, this year. a friend decided she was going to do a 365 days, and conned me into doing it too. I figured it would be a great project for the year, and a great way to remember the year. to make it a little more challenging, i decided to take self-portrait each day.
so here goes

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP