Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 45

having someone tell you how beautiful you are is pretty cool, i have to say. but for me it makes me critically analyse every little part of me....well i realised it did when i was brushing my hair the other day. i was looking in the mirror trying to work out what on earth is beautiful, about me? i have a angular nose, my skin is blotchy, i have a funny chin...etc.
what is is that makes us think we aren't beautiful in our own right. is it because we know ourselves too well and can see all the bad bits, inside and out. or is it that simply we don't find ourselves attractive, because that would not be reproductively sensible! because when we boil everything down, we really are just reproducing mammals, who are designed to find their mate, someone who is genetically different from ourselves, so that when we reproduce there is a greater chance of survival.
or is it that societal views are so powerful and influential, that we have been conditioned to think that we are never good enough. weird considering we think everyone around us is good enough.
or, maybe, just maybe, it is just me, and the weird and wonderful way my head works.

0 comments:

About This Blog

365 days has been around for ever (it's probably older than me even). i have resisted the temptation to do one, until now.
i am the photographic artist in residence at christchurch polytechnic, new zealand, this year. a friend decided she was going to do a 365 days, and conned me into doing it too. I figured it would be a great project for the year, and a great way to remember the year. to make it a little more challenging, i decided to take self-portrait each day.
so here goes

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP