Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 51

i used to dream a lot. especially when i was ill. it exhausted me. i would wake up feeling like i hadn't slept....apparently my brain hadn't. when you dream a lot and can remember, you aren't getting 'brain rest', so the story goes. well i was like this for at least a year, and boy did i have some 'great' dreams. well maybe not great, more along the lines of slightly insane, weird and trippy!
for the past two years i haven't been dreaming so much, well not that i can remember. it's been peaceful, albeit, a tad more boring in the morning, waking up to 'nothingness'. no exciting, crazy stories to repeat during the day, to reiterate my kookiness to all! i do still have odd dreams on occasion, but just not at the constant rate of before. the perfect example was the dream i had about a class party last year, and our tutor turned up in a pink puffer jacket with floral lining. I asked him why on earth he was in a pink jacket! apparently his wife was pregnant and couldn't fit it, so was wearing his black one and so he was wearing hers!
at the time of that dream it just seemed weird. i told my tutor and i think he thought i really had gone quite mad.....that was until a few months later when he told us all that he and his wife were expecting their second child and he then added an aside to me, that they found out that same weekend i had had that dream.....oh gotta love that stuff!

lately my crazy dreams have returned, gotta love it...even if i am getting tired again. lets just hope it spurs on my creativity.

0 comments:

About This Blog

365 days has been around for ever (it's probably older than me even). i have resisted the temptation to do one, until now.
i am the photographic artist in residence at christchurch polytechnic, new zealand, this year. a friend decided she was going to do a 365 days, and conned me into doing it too. I figured it would be a great project for the year, and a great way to remember the year. to make it a little more challenging, i decided to take self-portrait each day.
so here goes

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP