Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 46



friends are so important, especially to me. lately i have realised more and more, what amazing friends i have.
when i moved to christchurch i was in a better place than i had been the year before, but nowhere near a good place. i still can't believe i actually made the move down here. to leap out of my comfort zone the way i did was really, quite unbelievable, especially as i love my comfort zone so much. moving to a place where i knew only a handful of cousins and one other person, for me, that was stress. my friends are so very important to me and i was leaving them all behind in auckland to pursue an almost impulsive idea.
two years later and i have a whole lot more totally amazing friends, both here and in auckland. the extent to which i have made new friends, reconnected with old ones and even created good friendships with acquaintances over the past coupla years astounds me. the fact that i am now in such a great place in my life that i can make friends, hold onto them and enjoy each and every one of them for who they are, is simply awesome.
in the past few weeks, every friend i have spoken to has told me how happy they are for me having found my boy, which quite honestly astounds me. the joy, warmth and love i hear in their voices is so genuine. again, why i second guess this i have no idea. i would be exactly the same in the reverse situation. but it really does make me appreciate every friend i have and how thankful they are in my life and enjoying the journey with me.

4 comments:

Niksta April 18, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Alrighty then. Who is this? I thought that I was your only friend???

Anna Moore,  April 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

love u kirst, cant wait to c u in 2 weeks time and meet this boy of urs!!

being over here has definately made me appreciate friends too, and realise that the friends i made over the past two years at polytech, will be friends for life!

About This Blog

365 days has been around for ever (it's probably older than me even). i have resisted the temptation to do one, until now.
i am the photographic artist in residence at christchurch polytechnic, new zealand, this year. a friend decided she was going to do a 365 days, and conned me into doing it too. I figured it would be a great project for the year, and a great way to remember the year. to make it a little more challenging, i decided to take self-portrait each day.
so here goes

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP